THIS AWARD PROGRAM RECOGNIZES THE PERFORMANCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF OUR
MEMBERS IN THE FULFILLMENT OF THEIR DUTIES IN THE COMPANY THAT THEY REPRESENT. THEY
ARE EVALUATED IN AREAS SUCH AS INCREASE IN EMPLOYMENT, PRODUCTIVITY, SALES OR
PRODUCTION, QUALITY, EXPANSION OR OPERATIONAL GROWTH. THEY ARE ALSO RECOGNIZED
FOR THEIR INVOLVEMENT IN CIVIC AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES. THE REGIONAL AWARDS FOR
MANUFACTURER OF THE YEAR, EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR, ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR,
MANUFACTURING MANAGER OF THE YEAR, AND SERVICE SECTOR MANAGER OF THE YEAR ARE
PRESENTED AT THE EXCELLENCE AWARDS EVENT.
FROM THE REGIONAL AWARDEES OUR AWARDS COMMITTEE EVALUATES AND SELECTS THE
AWARDS TO BE PRESENTED AT OUR ANNUAL CONVENTION.
All candidates for the Manufacturer of the Year, Service Sector Executive of the Year, Manufacturing and Service Manager of the Year and
Exporter of the Year awards must strictly comply with the following requirements:
1. He/She must be employed by a company which is a PRMA member in good standing.
2. The Company must have at least five (5) years operational experience in Puerto Rico.
3. The candidate must have worked for that company in Puerto Rico for at least two (2) years.
The candidates will be evaluated for their achievements from January 2021 until their nomination, in areas such as increase in employment,
productivity, sales, or production, quality of product, expansion or operational growth. Additional criteria may include activities in community
relations and civic participation.
GUIDELINES AND CRITERIA FOR INDIVIDUAL AWARDS
MANUFACTURER OF THE YEAR
To be considered for this award, the candidate must be the Principal Executive Officer of a manufacturing company in Puerto Rico.
SERVICE SECTOR EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR
To be considered for this award, the candidate must be the Principal Executive Officer of a service sector company in Puerto Rico.
For the purpose of this award, the service sector includes:
Business: Distribution, wholesale and retail concerns.
Banking: Institutions such as commercial savings and loan, regional banks, mortgage loan,
financing and other similar credit institutions, financing and others.
Other: Professional transportation, machinery and equipment maintenance and leasing, among others.
MANUFACTURING MANAGER OF THE YEAR *
To be considered for this award, the person should be the head of one or more of the following departments in a locally-based manufacturing operation:
- Personnel and Labor Management Relations.
- Quality Control.
SERVICE SECTOR MANAGER OF THE YEAR *
The candidate must be distinguished for his/her management ability as head of his/her department. Nominations require the approval of the company’s Principal Executive Officer and the candidate’s supervisor.
To be considered for this award the candidate should be the head of one or more of the following Departments in a locally-based service sector operation.
- Personnel and Labor Management Relations
- Quality Control
*Nominations must be endorsed by Supervisor and Principal Executive of a company.
HÉCTOR JIMÉNEZ JUARBE AWARD
The Héctor Jiménez Juarbe award is granted to a person who exemplifies the values of the Puerto Rico Manufacturers Association, offering outstanding service to Puerto Rico by promoting the economic, social and industrial development of the Island.
- Years of continuous service
- Commitment to PRMA’s Vision and Principles
- Important Contributions to the Manufacturing Industry
JESÚS SAAD NAZER AWARD - DEFENDER OF THE PUERTO RICAN INDUSTRY
The Jesús Saad Nazer Award - defender of the Puerto Rican industry is awarded annually to a person who has helped to catapult the growth and strengthening of local producers, so that they achieve an effective participation in the purchasing market, stimulate the creation of jobs and secure local investment.
1. Years of continuous service
3. Commitment to the mission and vision of the AIPR in favor of the Puerto Rican industry
4. Defense of the Puerto Rican industry-promotion of local purchases, creation of jobs and local investment
5. Important Contributions to the Puerto Rican Industry
1. Candidate must be from newspaper, radio or TV.
2. Candidate must have produced an investigative report, in which he/she reveals facts that otherwise would not have been known.
3. Candidate’s reports are objective.
4. Candidate’s reports are well-presented and easy to understand.
5. Candidate’s career has impacted Puerto Rico’s community.
EXPORTER OF THE YEAR
1. Only locally-owned companies engaged in manufacturing and services directly related to manufacturing, including contract manufacturing, qualify for this award.
2. At leat 51% of the company must be owned by residents of Puerto Rico.
3. The company must be based and headquartered in Puerto Rico.
4. The company must be a PRMA member in good standing.
5. The company must have conducted business in Puerto Rico for the past five (5) years.
6. All exports (to United States and any other country) will be considered.
The Awards Committee will select from the nominations received from the PRMA Regions
The Winner of each category from the seven PRMA regions will be announced and awarded during the PRMA Annual Convention to be held at June, 2022.
All nominations must be submitted no later than February 28th, 2022.